Wednesday, August 12, 2009

VANDALS TOOK THE HANDLES





After watching the daily progress of the sprouts from the drastically pruned shrubs near my parking space, I was disturbed to see that someone snapped off half a dozen of the new shoots. I find it hard to believe that this was part of the ongoing horticultural maintenance. There are missing shoots from two out of three of these plants; I suspect kids, "youths," who have no respect for common property, to say nothing of nature. Perhaps the same ones who scratch at new paint in the elevators and leave their signs here and there with permanent markers and spray paint.

I will be watching the scarred spots closely to see if new shoots pop out. The plant is not harmed, but the peace of the garden is.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Nature wins. Nature always wins!!! :)