Sunday, July 26, 2009

HOW STRANGE, WHAT SYNCHRONICITY, WHAT SERENDIPITY

Almost at the very moment I was lamenting the apparent disappearance (that's a funny phrase) of a beloved blogger, I get a friend request on Facebook from someone in New England (far from that little island in the South China Sea) and discover a compelling blog that goes right to my heart. A Buddhist Mason who loves his Karmann Ghia, I love it. But then I think of myself as a Taoist Episcopalian whose most meditative moments come top down in my Miata. This guy is some kind of yang version of myself.

As Bob says, "Friends will arrive, friends will disappear."

4 comments:

tao1776 said...

Baroness,
you once stumbled upon my blog some years ago after I had written about Taoism and Mount Wudang and a book I was working on. You even sent me a picture that you had taken when you had visited there!
I have always cherished that...I will post it on my blog. I had your yahoo e-mail ever since - hence the Facebook invite:>)

baroness radon said...

Life sometimes is just a lot of stumbling around to come back to the same place. Good to see you again. We will keep in touch, no?

baroness radon said...

Did I criticize you for spelling Guan Yin as Quan Yin? I think it's coming back to me now. Of course Quan Yin is a perfectly fine Vietnamese spelling. You must forgive me, compulsive, but not always right, copy editor that I am.

tao1776 said...

HA Ha.....Yes...That's me!!! But okay. As you will soon discover, it is nothing new and I appreciate your input!