Monday, June 21, 2010

GOT SATISFACTION?
This morning, aware that today was the Summer Solstice, I tried to achieve a nice balanced state while doing my freeway commute.

Then I noticed a silvery late-model quasi-German luxury car (an Altima, whatever that is) with a large inscription across its rear window.  I'm used to the silly Olde English "In Memory of's" on SUVs and trucks, but what was someone thinking to plaster, in pretty wedding script, "Never Satisfied," for all to see? It was a pretty nice car, really. There was a small subscript I couldn't make out, maybe a dotcom, or a surf gear trademark, or a Bible Verse citation. As I was catching up to see what it was, the Altima moved to an exit lane.  Maybe not satisfied with the freeway.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I love the longest day of the year. I used the day to teach a friend how to surf at Sand Island over lunch break. I deliberately paddles out w/o sun screen at high noon on solstace day. I wanted a souvenier, and, I got one.