Wednesday, March 03, 2010

HAPPY GIRLS, INDEED!
I didn't realize it at first but today was "Girl's Day,"a Japanese festival that has to do with the display of historical ornamental dolls.  It's celebrated locally with good wishes, little gifts and pink mochi, not too different from the nian gao that I enjoyed recently for Chinese New Year.

I was reminded of Girl's Day when I found this propped on my office door knob....

Mochi that looks (and feels) like doll-sized silicone implants! For Girl's Day. Thus generating this very yin post. 

I am compelled to display my own very special ornamental doll, the limited edition Hitchcock Barbie (for whom these implants might be a little excessive).  

3 comments:

The Crow said...

What a cornucopia of delights!
Your Hitchcockian Barbie Doll would not only look like a UberMama, with such fine implants, but would be accompanied by lots of crows to keep her safe!
My day is salvaged.
Thank you :)

baroness radon said...

As was mine!

Shelby said...

Aloha! I'm having a little "writers block" ...cant seem to take any of my recent blogs to publish, but I am in good spirits, working away. Cheers! Shelby