Saturday, February 19, 2011

TECHNOLOGY SUCKS
Wanted to take a picture of some very beautiful cloud formations off the lanai, and thought I would just use the Wizard's nice new Nikon digital SLR that I got him for Christmas--there it was on the coffee table. But can I figure out how to make it just take a picture? I am lost in some menu land. (I drove his car yesterday and had the same experience with his new radio; I didn't want to listen to his Teaching Company CD of the "Life and Operas of Verdi," so just thought I'd tune into NPR. But how? I have gotten used to my own new audio system, but there seems to be no consistency to these things. Too many tiny buttons with cryptic icons. Just give it up. (But eventually I did find the radio.)

And, actually I think I have figured out how to TAKE the photos, but retrieving them is another matter. Nice camera really, the Nikon. Feels good in the hand. Next I will post a comparison of the images from my faithful pocket Casio XILIM and the hefty Nikon.

No comments: