Monday, September 22, 2008

MAIL MANAGEMENT

At home again from my Journey to the West.  Like the kolea, I just flew off and did my thing and came back. Sorry couldn't post from China, email access was intermittent and no internet access for things that required more time and thought.  We had to  line up for access to the Camp Wudang machine, (a big Lenovo) where the desk clerks were usually involved in long competitive bouts of solitaire.  No web surfing for them! Card playing.  And not even mah johng, my usual default computer game.

Most difficult part about returning home apart from serious jet lag and immediately going back to an office: sorting accumulated snail mail.  I must train my house/cat sitter in this dreary decision making.  Among the pile, a few worthy things like bills, subscribed magazines, and a package of special pen refills I ordered before I left.  The rest, piles of glossy catalogs, charity offerings of address labels, greeting cards and pocket calendars (I used to chide my father for piling these things up--does anybody actually BUY address labels?) , political mail, real estate, insurance and credit card offers. And no "delete" button.  

I must investigate how to stop all this junk mail.  Monitoring on a daily basis is easy, but after you see the accumulation of a week or more, it is just ridiculous and irresponsible.  Need a snail mail spam filter!

Will be commenting on my crazy trip over the next few days... weeks ...months.  Have to edit the 1167 photos I took and figure out how to post them here.  This is all new to me.  Thank you for your patience!  But first I must finish sorting/trashing my mail.

1 comment:

holly said...

patience, hA! i have been sitting here tapping my foot!